Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Driving to Target

There's something wrong with me. Seriously. I may be the most directionally challenged person you know (if you know me... If not, then the most directionally challenged person you should know). You know those people who can go somewhere once and remember years later how to get there? NOT me. I get lost an hour later when it's time to leave that place. It's terrible... But up until recently, it's been manageable.

Now I can't find my way to Target. Guys. It's literally one turn once you leave my neighborhood to Target. One turn. One. I can't handle it. The first couple times, it was funny. "Oh no! I turned too early!" "Oh no! This lane is a turn lane! I don't want to turn! Straight! I need to go straight!" I've lived here for about 2 and a half months, and I have yet to make it there without incident.

Until today. Today I made it all the way to Target by myself. I parked my car, patted myself on the back, and put my hand on the key to turn off the car when it hit me...

I didn't need to go to Target. I needed to go to Marshall's across the street. So I still haven't driven to Target without incident.

I'm hiring a chauffeur...

1 comment: