Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hats and Insects

My school had standardized testing this past week. This means that I had to keep my class quiet and focused for about 3.5 hours straight every day. Seriously. We finished tests on Thursday, so we had a very relaxed day on Friday. So easy that they all decided to make Friday hats. I got one, too. Here it is:




Why, yes. I DID wear this hat all morning.




In my History class, we found this:




It wouldn't have been such a problem if I had been the one to find it... However, my students found it. I swear, it was like the parting of the Red Sea-- part II. After a second, though, there was an ambush to get a closer look. In the middle of class! It was impossible to get anyone to focus on the first place because they had been testing all week already, so we didn't get a thing accomplished after that. We had a debate about whether it was a boy or girl, so we named it Cory (because apparently that's a gender neutral name). I set him free after school. Go team.

No comments:

Post a Comment