Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Chaos!

Every year about this time I reach this phase in life where I get really busy. As in, schedule time to shower because if I don't, it doesn't happen. I find this ironic because I've been doing something different every year. 2 years ago, I was in finals week. Last year, I was teaching. This year, I'm a nanny. IT doesn't matter where my life has me, I just get SO busy. This year, I realized that I need to schedule time to do laundry. How did I realize this? I ran out of socks. However, it was too late when I realized this, so the following week, I started "borrowing" my mom's socks (I have every intention of returning them, but by now, they're lost in the mess that is Mount Laundry). I went to grab some socks earlier this week and noticed that she had run out of socks, too.
Obvious solution: Schedule time to do laundry.
My solution: Pick up new socks while I'm at Walmart.
Every night of the week has something scheduled, so I'm not sure when I can work in the laundry... But something's gotta go. This is ridiculous.

Anyway, the real reason for this post: I figured that if I manage to over-schedule myself during this Christmas Season every year, I'm sure I'm not alone. We all get caught up in the preparation for Christmas-- Buying presents, wrapping said presents, putting up trees and lights, etc. I want to encourage everyone to prepare your hearts for this holiday, as well as your homes. Schedule time with Jesus. Remember why you're baking those cookies and singing those carols. We're celebrating the birth of our Savior. The Savior who has set us free from our sin. Our Comforter, Protector, Healer. That's a big deal, guys. Don't be too busy to keep your focus on Him.

Isaiah 9:6-- For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! Thanks for the reminder of the reason for the season :)

    ReplyDelete