Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pumas

Most little children have the whole fear-of-a-monster-living-under-the-bed-or-in-the-closet at some point in their lives. Let's be honest, you've peed the bed once or twice, too, in your day.

I got a text message from my sister the other day that said something like this: Most kids are afraid of monsters in the closet. Not my kid. My Sweet T is afraid... of pumas in the closet.

He and I had watched "Go, Diego, Go!" the other day, and there was a friendly puma on it. Apparently, even when pumas have an amiable facade, it's obvious that they are not a friendly animal. My brother-in-law had to take T on a tour of the room to prove that there were, indeed, no pumas present before the kiddo would go to sleep.

Like every good aunt, the next time I played with him, I chose the game "OH NO! There's a puma! Hide from the Puma before He Sees You!"

You're welcome, dear sister, for the many sleepless nights to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment