Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hola de Mexico!

As you've probably noticed from previous blogs, I'm a list person. I LOVE making lists and crossing things off. That's part of the reason I'm loving my bucket list! :) Here's another list for you:

Things I've Learned So Far in Mexico




  1. I'm an idiot. Seriously. Who thinks to themselves, "Hey, I think I'll go to drug infested Mexico for 2 weeks all by myself to hang out with a whole group of people who don't speak a lick of English!"? That's right. It's me.


  2. Lizards make excellent chew toys. A dog taught me this lesson. And the lizard what the size of an iguana, not a gecko. It was huge. The dog caught it and started to play with it. It was disgusting.


  3. Air conditioning is a blessing that should NOT be taken for granted. It's so hot and humid here, and the houses and church can't afford to keep everything cooled all day, and I smell a little bit like a man. I'm almost okay with this...


  4. You don't have to speak the same language as someone to love them. I met an adorable little boy yesterday. The only thing we said to each other was "Como te llamas?" (what's your name?) and our names and we played together all evening (I'm slightly ashamed to say that it was during a meeting. Don't worry, though, I had no idea what anyone was saying anyway and he was less of a distraction when playing with me). I even got a kiss when it was time to go home! I have a new amigo, and we hardly spoke at all.


  5. I was not meant to be a missionary. This one was a huge relief to learn! I was a little nervous (because my boss put the idea into my head) that I'd end up never going home because of my heart for these people. Good news, folks! I'm called to send people, not go! While I enjoy it here, and the Mexican people have been wonderful so far, my heart is in the states (well... I guess technically it is on a ship). I can't wait to go home to my crazy American people.


  6. I belong on a beach. I don't think this one needs explaining. I mean, it's the beach.


I promise, I'm not done learning here. It's only been 3 days. I don't promise I'll remember to blog about any of it, though. Lo siento, mis amigos.



Adios!



OH! Just found a new lesson! 7. When in Mexico, Blogspot does spell-check in Spanish! All of my words are spelled incorrectly... Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment