Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mexico: Part 2 (Read: Dos)

- 2 lizards have taken up residence in my room (well, one is in the bathroom, but they're connected)-- Jose' and Manuel. I took a picture of Manuel, but Jose' is just too dang fast!
- I have a constant headache from trying to understand what everyone around me is saying... My understanding is much better than it was a week ago, though!
- You're not allowed to throw toilet paper into the toilet here because plumbing is awful. It goes in the trash can beside the toilet. I can now do this without thinking about it, and am a little concerned that I will have to re-train myself to do things in the true American way when I get home... Too much information? Sorry.
- I sweat. A lot. And my hair frizzes like nobody's business. I'm uncharacteristically good with these things. I don't really care if I smell and look bad these days.
- My love for reading is back! Currently reading: Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and Things I Wish I had Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman. So far, I'd recommend them all. 2 of the 3 books are on my list, and I just finished another book that was on the list. Progress!
- Tomorrow is the birthday of someone VERY important to me. Happy birthday, Sister, I love and miss you! Eat lots of cake!
- My boyfriend is super attractive. This one doesn't have anything to do with the others, I just wanted to say it. You will survive, I promise. Love you, Boyfriend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment