Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vacuum Vs. Husband

 Our little family is suffering from this weird virus/disease/misery (clearly, we haven't been to the doctor because I have no idea what's going on. Whatever it is, I hate it). A couple days ago, I thought I was coming down with the flu. My entire body ached and I had chills. I slept off and on all afternoon. Nothing ever came of it, though. I was, more or less, fine the next day. Well, Jeff came home from work early yesterday with similar symptoms. His has held on longer, though, so he was home today, as well.

So I woke up late because I thought it was the weekend, and had a hard time adjusting pretty much since that moment. Jeff woke up a little after me and came downstairs to sit on the couch.

This is where I interject with the confession that I didn't do much housework this week because I received a sewing machine for Christmas, and have been playing with it every chance I get! I have done some cleaning, but whenever I'd get bored, I'd go play with my new toy.

I get bored easily.

Anyway, today was my catch up day and my floors looked pretty neglected. However, Jeff yelled at me for vacuuming downstairs while he was sick... I cried. Ok, that's a lie. He asked me to wait till tomorrow because the vacuum is super loud and doesn't help his headache, and I, like any wonderfully sacrificial wife, agreed to put off this chore one more day. Then I sent a friend a text message complaining about how he's throwing off my cleaning schedule (because the sewing machine clearly hadn't done that already)...

Then I realized something. As we approach the next deployment, I need to be enjoying my time with this man. I will be cleaning our house the entire time he's gone. That stupid vacuum will be my constant companion while he's gone.

But he's going.

So I put the vacuum in the corner of the room away, and I sat down with my husband and we watched tv and played games all day... Because that's more important.

I will have a clean house tomorrow. Today, I have my friend beside me, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment