Thursday, January 13, 2011

Math Class/Book Club

Have I mentioned that, in addition to 4th grade, I teach a high school math class and a 6th grade history class? Yes, I am a super hero.

Today in math class, a student and I began talking about books. I am an avid reader, and love talking about good books. She asked what I'm reading right now and I told her about The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs-- a witty book about a man's attempt to follow the Bible literally for a year. I'd highly recommend this book. Then I told her that I'm also reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen for the tenth time. I can't help it. It's one of my favorite books of all time. She has also read this book before, so we discussed how wonderful it is. She then proceeded to tell me about another book that she has read that is based on my beloved Pride and Prejudice. She said "It's just like Pride and Prejudice. Except with zombies. And ninjas!"

It's called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies... By Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I don't know who Seth Grahame-Smith is, but he has taken my heart and torn it in two like no other man could do. Where's the chocolate?

2 comments: