Sunday, January 16, 2011

Forever Young

I get a lot of grief from people because I look very young for my age. I have always gotten a lot of grief from people because I look much younger than I am. In fact, I'm going to share two stories today that relate to my age.

1) About 2 years ago I went to visit my grandmother in CA. I love hanging out with her and all of her old lady friends. However, every single lady I met that week told me that I looked 14... Except for 1 lady who thought I was 12. I was 21. That day, I went home and put make-up on. I have worn make-up (at least mascara) every day since. Now I look closer to 18 than 14.

2) During recess the other day, my students started talking about video games. They love video games and are always asking if we can have a video game day-- a whole day dedicated to just playing games during school... One of my students decided that I needed to be part of this conversation. "Miss C... Did they have video games when you were a kid?" My students know that I'm pretty young compared to most of the teachers that work at the school, but apparently that doesn't mean I'm not a dinosaur. So in my response, I said "of course! How old do you think I am?!" Wrong question. All of my students started guessing the year I was born (1987). My favorite? 1950. I apparently just look really good for my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment