Saturday, July 9, 2011

More updates...

It has come to my attention that I haven't posted a blog in quite some time... So, I'm going to update you on my bucket list, and make an attempt to do better about blogging.




  • Running the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure-- This did not go so well. My sister and I are not runners by nature. We grew up in dance classes and gymnastics. We could dance in circles around you, but give us a pair of running shoes, and expect disaster. However, after months of training, the fateful day had arrived. Amazingly enough, we were ready! Let me give you a rundown of the events of that morning. Wake up at 6:13 (on the first day of summer) get dressed, brush teeth, drive to sister's house, leave sister's house, drive to metro station... Sit on the metro for 45 minutes without moving an inch because of construction. Miss the race. Take the stop by the mall, get starbucks as consolation, and hop back on the metro to return home. Adventure: over. Right? Wrong! We, naturally, took the wrong train home. I'm fairly certain we got home around the same time we would have if we had actually run the race.



  • Picnic/Farmer's Markets- 2 for 1 deal. My mom, sister (with kids), and I bought fruits and veggies from the farmer's market and ate them with sandwiches at the park! It was a good time.



  • Parasailing- You're probably thinking: "wait... I didn't see that on the list!" Well, you're right. it wasn't on the list. Probably about half of the things I've managed to cross off my list were last minute additions. In the OBX, I convinced my sister and a good friend of mine to go parasailing with me. We got a 600 ft line and commented over and over again about "600 feet, guys! We're so brave!" It was a very fun experience, but not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Highly recommended for all.



  • Sky diving- Parasailing was on Tuesday. On Friday, my brother-in-law convinced me to go sky diving with him (!!!). I jumped out of a plane from 9,000 ft strapped to a man name Sven and trusted him to get me safely to the ground... Hands down the coolest thing I've ever done! And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.



  • Pier Jumping- Another last minute addition. I went to visit one of my best friends in MI (she just got engaged to the man of her dreams!). Her fiance' told me about pier jumping in passing and I (adrenaline junkie I've become) jumped on the idea! Caits (who was terribly afraid to do this) and I can talk each other into pretty much anything (that's a true story) so she reluctantly agreed to go. When we got there, she was the one doing the convincing, because I saw the jump and changed my mind. Again, so much fun!



  • Mission trip- I'm buying my ticket today to spend 2 weeks serving with a church in Mexico during VBS!


I just realized how long this is, so I'll end it here and really try to do better about updating!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're blogging again :)

    And you've crossed off a lot more than this... I think you're doing pretty good!

    ReplyDelete