Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anxiety

I'm sorry to tell you that this post will not have you laughing at my expense... But I know that there will be more embarrassing stories to come. Don't worry!

This week has been very discouraging for me. To keep a long story short, my job has not been the easiest. Last night my Bible study focused on prayer, and one of the verses that we read was Philippians 4:6.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I have a very hard time with the first part of this verse-- Be anxious for nothing? Really?-- I'm a fairly high-stress person, and when I am not in control of a situation, my stress level increases drastically. This week, I have to remind myself that I don't have to be anxious about anything-- especially work.

I'm so thankful that I serve a God who is always in control and cares for me. I don't need to be anxious. It's a waste of time and energy.

Prayers, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment