Thursday, February 3, 2011

Public Transportation

I never rode the bus to school when I was younger. My mom normally drove me (I remember a handful of times she let me walk to or from school alone... I also remember that she forgot me once. Thanks, Mom). I never learned the rules about buses-- like the one that says make sure you get on the correct bus. Believe it or not, they don't all go to the same place. That's a lesson I had to learn the hard way.

When I was in college, I had class on one side of campus on Mondays and another class that was all the way across campus 15 minutes after the first class ended. It was too far to walk in the allotted time-span, so I would take the bus every week.

About 6 weeks into the semester, I had my routine down. It worked very well, and I made it with minutes to spare. Well, one rainy day, I hopped on the bus to make my journey, and realized that the bus had taken a different route than normal. I figured that the bus driver was new, or that he had a different route that he favored...

I was terribly wrong.

After a few stops, I worked up the courage to ask the bus driver where we were headed...

Downtown.

I had to call my roommate to pick me up from the bus stop. Needless to say, I missed my class that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment