Saturday, February 12, 2011

Left Handed Compliments

Last year, I regularly received awkward compliments from my students. They were in first grade-- it was expected. This year, I have received far fewer of these "compliments."

I have a very short lunch break everyday, and I spend most of the time grading papers, organizing my desk, and getting ready for my afternoon classes (that's when I teach middle and high school). I rarely get to eat my lunch during my lunch period, so I normally take it into my next class.

I spoke in chapel yesterday for the middle and high school students, and one of the points that I made in my lesson had to do with food...

In math class yesterday, I was finishing my lunch when one of my students raised his hand. "Miss C. How can you stay so skinny when you eat so much??? I mean, seriously!"

Well, at least I'm not fat.

1 comment: