Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stinking Bug

Apparently you all get 2 posts today! Lucky you...

I hate stink bugs. Not because I think they're nasty-- oh, no! Because it doesn't matter what we're doing in class, the second one of my students sees one, all seven of them run to the other side of the classroom.

Really? It's a bug. It doesn't even sting/bite you. "No, no, children. Your education isn't important-- it's more important for you to get away from this devil bug. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

Yesterday, someone found a stinkbug. *insert rolling of eyes here.* The first one in months. Crap. I got the little "bug cup"-- Why, yes, we do have a designated cup for capturing the bugs-- and trapped him on a lunch box. As I was in the process of getting rid of the bug, one of my girls came up to me...

"Miss C? How many brothers do you have?"
"None. I have a brother-in-law, though. Does he count?"
"That explains it..."
"Explains what?"
"Why you're such a manly woman. You catch that bug, Miss C!"

If you're reading this, I'll assume you know me. At least well enough to know that I love all things girly: shopping, cheesy movies, chocolate, pedicures, You name it, I love it. But apparently that's not enough.

Stupid bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment